Mosquitos are a terrible pest that plagues us all in the summertime. Aside from the itchy bites they leave behind, mosquitos can pass along deadly diseases to you and your loved ones. Try these easy and natural tips to get rid of mosquitos around your home.
Mosquito Repelling Plants
Plants are an easy and effective way to minimize the mosquito presence around your outdoor space. It’s a solution that looks and smells good too!
Herbs and Plants that mosquitos hate include:
- Citronella Geranium
Habitat Tips to Repel Mosquitos
Getting rid of mosquitos will be no easy task but follow these tips to increase the odds.
- Always be on the lookout for pooling, stagnant water as this is a favored breeding ground for mosquitos. If you find any standing water, get rid of it immediately and take the necessary steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Look to the food chain and attract the mosquitos natural predator. Adding birdbaths and feeders is a great way to achieve this.
Other Ways To Protect Against Mosquitos
- Create a Garlic Spray for your yard.
- Use natural bug sprays made from essential oils:
- 4 oz. Glass Spray Bottle
- 2 oz. Witch Hazel
- 10 Drops each of, Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lemongrass Oil, and Peppermint Oil.